Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Craft It


Even though Christmas is long gone, I still can't help but think about craft ideas for next year. It is a tradition in my family that everyone hand makes decorations to give out. This past year, I made paper origami cranes with wire loops, and bead embellishments. Next year, I think I'll make these cute button wreaths. They seem pretty simple, and I already have tons of loose buttons (leftover from another craft project).
Here are the instructions:


Tools and Materials


Needle-nose pliers or wire cutters
Copper wire, cut to 9-inch lengths
72 buttons for each wreath
Scissors
Satin ribbon, 6 inches long


How To

1. Using pliers, make a small loop at one end of the wire.
2. Thread buttons onto the wire until you have enough to form the size of the wreath you want. (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter is good).
3. Using pliers, bend the plain end of the wire around the looped end. This will form the wreath.
4. Use the satin ribbon to make a loop for hanging the wreath; tie the ribbon in a knot about 3 inches above the wreath.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Very nice. I'm looking forward to getting one!